HUG Your Baby Website
PO Box 3102 Durham, NC USA

HUG Your Baby goes to Bermuda!


My name is Katrina Ball. I have a very supportive husband and am a mother to a 19 month-old named Elijah. The birth of my son motivated me to serve and educate women going through this same, wonderful time in their lives. During the birth of my son and during the early months of his life, I had great support from family, but I would have gained so much more confidence and knowledge had I experienced the type of support I am now able to give others.

I am a Certified Baby Planner through the International Academy of Baby Planner Professionals and am currently awaiting my certificate as a Birth Doula. In addition, I am working towards certification as a Postpartum Doula, a Childbirth Educator, and a Breastfeeding Counselor through Childbirth International. Having attended several births as a birth doula, I am seriously giving thought to studying midwifery as well.

In Bermuda I have started a Professional Baby Planning and Childbirth Service called Mindful Mothering Along with the childbirth classes I teach, I also wanted to teach a newborn class, and that's how I discovered The HUG program. I immediately resonated with it and have chosen this program to use in the newborn classes I teach. I have also begun to use the HUG priniciples as a doula and breastfeeding educator.

Recently, I attended a birth and noticed the mom needed some special help when her baby started getting fussy. I brought his hands to his chest and gave the shushing sound, and he quieted down immediately. It is wonderful to see The HUG in action already!