HUG Your Baby Website
PO Box 3102 Durham, NC USA

Birth Doula becomes a Certified HUG Teacher

Jill Lomp, a labor doula in Collins, Iowa share her experience with HUG Your Baby
As a labor doula, I do not get to spend a lot of time with families postpartum. As I am approaching my recertification, I wanted to learn more about how I could help families after birth. When I came across the HUG your Baby program, I knew I had found the perfect class to help families. Now when I go to my clients postpartum visits, I can help them learn what to look for and share with them some tips and tricks to use to read babies cues. Postpartum is a difficult time for some new parents especially with all of the loved ones coming to meet baby. After teaching the signs to look for such as zones and sos, my clients are more confident in handling what could be a stressful situation with a fussy baby and a lot of visitors. I have also found that teaching these strategies to the significant other can be a great help to mom as the spouse feels confident in reading the babies needs. I cannot wait to help other labor and postpartum doulas learn the HUG technique’s.