HUG Your Baby Website
PO Box 3102 Durham, NC USA

New Certified HUG Teacher teaches The HUG

Roxanne Davis-Cote is a nurse and educator from Beaufort, SC.  She shares her experience becoming a Certified HUG Teacher.
I have only been working with families and babies for a short time but having had the training in the HUG practices, I feel much more prepared to do so.
When working with mothers (have not had the opportunity to work with fathers yet), I have been able to witness their "ah ha" moments when reviewing the SOS and how to work this new knowledge into practice. They have enjoyed watching the step by step process of the TO DO principle and waiting and watching how their baby responds when they do even 1 of the action steps.
I very much look forward to many more opportunities to use this program in my work with parents and babies, especially more broadcasting as I feel this is such an impactful way to encourage parents as well as help them to understand their babies more.