HUG Your Baby Website
PO Box 3102 Durham, NC USA

Anne Kwiatkowski, New Certified HUG Teacher.



Anne Kwiatkowski, New Certified HUG Teacher and shares her HUG Your Baby journey with us.

I have enjoyed the videos of the HUGs methods. I am impressed at how much Jan has figured out with these little ones. It never ceases to amaze me how alike babies are no matter their circumstances. That predictability facilitates the teaching of the methods I’ve learned. 

 I have certainly garnered some tips that I have been able to pass along. Learning about the sleep zones was especially enlightening. I was one of the folks guilty of intervening with a baby when they were in their light sleep zone. I have already passed that information along to several new moms/grandmas. One new mom reported back that using that information has allowed her to get more sleep at night. 

 One of my favorite tips was putting the babies’ hands together over their chest when trying to soothe them. I cuddle babies in a local NICU and was itching to try that method. Lo and behold, one day I was working with a fussy baby and thought I would try that technique. I can happily report that it worked. I was thrilled! I will certainly keep that one in ‘my wheelhouse’! 

 I think the process of broadcasting and commentating is a skill that can be beneficial in not only boosting a new parent’s confidence but also just informing them of something they may not be recognizing. I enjoy seeing the pride on a new parent’s face when I point out that their baby is looking at them and are clearly learning to trust them. They beam and I can just feel the love. One of the moms I worked with suggested everyone should have access to this information, as babies don’t come with user manuals.  I agree that this information would have been so helpful when I was a new mother. I am using some of the information I have learned when I see my friends welcoming their grandchildren. 

 The majority of my career was spent providing patient education. It was a job I loved. Now that I am retired, I look forward to being able to educate while having some baby interaction. I anticipate using the broadcasting and commentating process with some of the gals that attend our session. I appreciate the opportunity to potentially have some impact on little lives. Thank you for the opportunity to learn some very valuable information that I look forward to sharing.