HUG Your Baby Website
PO Box 3102 Durham, NC USA

New Certified HUG Teacher in Malaysia


Gayathiri Chandar, a primary care physician in Malaysia, shares her experiences becoming a Certified HUG Teacher. 

 Being a first time mother myself, I had a few 'AHA!' moments while going through the courses. So much of my baby's actions and behaviours started to make sense to me and I couldn't wait till I started seeing my patients having those moments. I'm very grateful to Ms Tedder for developing this HUG programme. It made a lot of difference in the way I counsel my patients. Anxious parents are not interested to know regarding the science behind breastfeeding and child development, they just want to be reassured that their child is doing well. Teaching them about HUG did exactly that. Watching the frowns on young mothers' faces melting away when they gain confidence on taking care of their newborn gives me so much of happiness.