HUG Your Baby Website
PO Box 3102 Durham, NC USA

Experienced childcare provider becomes a Certified HUG Teacher


Donna Amos, a childcare provider in Holland, Ohio, shares her experience with becoming. Certified HUG Teacher.

For me, the entire process of becoming a HUGs certified teacher has been meaningful. I came from a very large family and have probably cared for more children than anyone who doesn't work with children on a daily basis. You can imaging my surprise in learning about the calming techniques that are taught in the HUGS class. I certainly knew about the quiet talking and gentle swaying, but not about the holding hands to chest, or the skin to skin that is taught in the class. I also did not know about the spacing out. All of these things made perfect sense and I was delighted to share these things with family, as well as to the prospective parents that we present to. 

 I was delighted to attend the special classes that were offered on breastfeeding and the behavior of the pre-term infants. It was all very enlightening and exciting to learn. I am so happy to be sharing this information with prospective parents.