HUG Your Baby Website
PO Box 3102 Durham, NC USA

Malaysian Physician/Lactation Consultant becomes a Certified HUG Teacher


Nurhaya Yacob is a physician and lactation consultant in Penang, Malaysia. She shares her HUG Your Baby journey. 

 I am a medical doctor who is currently fully time lactation consultant serving my community. I can never thank Hug Your Baby and all the information I have learn through out. Initially, I was teaching on breastfeeding on its own. After awhile i notice there is a missing puzzle and I notice that breastfeeding can never be stand alone. Then I start digging information on early childhood education and lead me to baby behaviour. 

 I start combining these 2 big part of knowledge, and decided to proceed with Hug Your Baby. Hug Your Baby has completed my missing puzzled. I feel way more calmer now in attending my community. 
It is never easy to break the culture of many wrong doing in breastfeeding. However by acknowledging the SOS and the baby state always make the parents more confident and feeling connected to them. 

And that is breath taking for me more that the oz's they made as I vision breastfeeding more than just a gesture of serving "food" to their babies.