HUG Your Baby Website
PO Box 3102 Durham, NC USA

Missouri Public Health Nurse shares The HUG


Sarah Dodson RN, BSN has been a nurse for 10 years. With a background in maternal/child, she is currently working as a public health nurse with the WIC program in Missouri. She shares her reflection on becoming a Certified HUG Teacher.

I am amazed at what I have learned through the HUG Your Baby lessons. I am a mother of three, my son is 17 years old, my daughter is 12 years old and my youngest daughter is 1.5 years old. It always amazes me how much advice and recommendations change with each child. I truly wish that what I have learned now through HUG Your Baby, I knew then with each of my own children. 

 I am excited to be able to share what I have learned through the HUG Your Baby lessons with parents and caregivers. I want to foster their amazement with their own baby through the techniques I have learned. I know that it can only help strengthen the bond between parent/caregiver and child. A strong bond between infant and parent/caregiver will in turn, create a sense of security that can last a lifetime. Looking at this bigger picture is what drives me to want to share the amazing news about HUG Your Baby with everyone.