HUG Your Baby Website
PO Box 3102 Durham, NC USA

New Certified HUG Teacher shares a HUG in Wisconsin!


Nicole Herubin from Superior, Wisconsin share her HUG Your Baby experience.

I have always been drawn to birth/supporting new moms and babies and the HUG your baby course was a natural next step for me. I have had 9 babies of my own and attended many births as a doula as well as given many consultations on babywearing and breastfeeding support over the years. 

 I was surprised to discover so many new ideas that I had no clue about! I really liked the concepts of active/light and deep/still sleep and wish I had learned about those when my children were babies. 

 I think my favorite HUG your baby moment was when I was able to meet with a very close friend and her new baby and help her learn more about her baby's sleep pattern. When I gave her information about what active/light sleep vs deep/still look like it was a revelation for her. She was so excited to try to use that new knowledge to help her baby get better sleep and in turn she would get better sleep. She reported back a few days later to tell me it had worked amazingly! She was able to get a 5 hour stretch of sleep and she felt like a new person. I was so grateful to have been able to help her. 

 I am excited to be able to continue offering support to parents and implementing my newfound knowledge while doing it!