HUG Your Baby Website
PO Box 3102 Durham, NC USA

Nurse/Childbirth Educator expands her outreach with HUG Your Baby


Cheryl Jones is a RN and childbirth educator focused on helping families during the postpartum period. She shares her recent HUG Your Baby experience.

I am a registered nurse and childbirth educator who has most recently stepped out of the hospital setting to create a comprehensive program designed to educate and walk alongside new moms and their families from pregnancy into labor and childbirth and then follow them into the postpartum period. I have found that so much of teaching and trust is built upon a developed relationship and that is formed over time. 

 Most of my passion and love for working with new moms comes from the struggles I had with each of my own 3 pregnancies and post birth experiences. When I attended the HUG Your Baby workshop, I wanted to immediately incorporate all that I had learned into my current classes and the way that I taught. I shared the information and the video clips, but I also wanted to visit every family I encountered during the postpartum period because I knew how much this information would build confidence as a new parent. 

New moms and dads are learning and growing too, and I have watched the excitement and relief when we talk through and observe the baby together. As a HUG teacher, you have the opportunity to guide each parent on his or her own journey into becoming an expert of their babies. I love being a part of that experience and watching it unfold over and over again, with each new family unit, never gets old. Thank you!