HUG Your Baby Website
PO Box 3102 Durham, NC USA

Infant Massage Instructor from South Africa becomes a Certified HUG Teacher

Joanne Bradley, an Infant Massage Instructor, has been interacting with new parents for a very long time. She shares her HUG Your Baby experience.


I have found the HUG program a most wonderful and useful addition to what I have been doing. This program simplifies things for parents and shows them that they actually have the tools at hand. It gives them the confidence to read their babies cues and trust what they see without over thinking things. One of the techniques that really stood out for me was not arrive with a planned agenda of what I would share with the parents, but rather to sit and observe and watch and then to broadcast what I was seeing. 

I have found the crying and calming techniques extremely useful and they align well with my knowledge on baby's development. I have also seen the relief in parents faces when they have seen the HUG techniques put into action. 

With the onset of COVID, many new parents have missed the support of family and friends and the HUG information that I have been able to share with them when visiting has proved to be invaluable and a comfort to many. 

I am excited to add HUG information to our breastfeeding morning meetings next year. I look forward to a lasting relationship with HUG. I especially enjoy the constant sharing of information through the Facebook page and Blog. Thank you for sharing.