HUG Your Baby Website
PO Box 3102 Durham, NC USA

Muneeswari Jeyachandran, a Registered Nurse from India, becomes the newest Certified HUG Teacher




Having spent more than a decade as Registered Nurse, during early days of my Clinical experience, I spent good chunk of time handling Intrapartum mothers along with Antepartum and Postpartum mothers than the New-born. But as time passed on, even though my contact time with New-born in Labor & Delivery room was limited, it has subconsciously developed a desire for me Observe & Understand the New-born behavior. 

 Fortunately, one of the HUG blogs reflected my exact desire to learn on observing & understanding the New-born behavioral cues and that’s how I enrolled myself for Certified HUG teacher course. The topics covered under HUG program imparts knowledge and adds value to Mothers, Professionals with simple explanation, real stories and variety of blogs which covered real life Mother and Father’s experience. I happy to have invested my time in an outstanding curriculum like this. 

 After practicing the learnings from HUG program to my patient, there has been a great improvement on bonding between the mom and Newborn. The ratio of the communication frequency was up between the mother & baby as they were engaged in bonding activities which includes talking, playing with rattles/toys, music / song singing with the baby, feeding, nursing, lullabies and so on. I got a sense of great satisfaction in holding this HUG certification, implementing the learnings from HUG program and to confidently act as a bridge for the mother and Newborn.

Muneeswari Jeyachandran, RN, MSC from Aruppukottai, Tamil Nadu India